Impact: PTAC at Work
The Alabama Procurement Technical Assistance Center is part of a nationwide network of dedicated procurement professionals working to help local businesses compete successfully in the government marketplace. PTACs are the bridge between buyer and supplier, bringing to bear their knowledge of both government contracting and the capabilities of contractors to maximize fast, reliable service to our government with better quality and at lower costs.
Clients of the Alabama PTAC provide local jobs, increased tax revenue and a greater involvement in government-funded projects. In 2015 our procurement counselors worked with clients that received 262 prime and subcontracts valued at over $199 million dollars. (As reported by our clients, August 2014 – July 2015.)
2015 Alabama Impact Data
- PTAC Clients award data shows that the agency contract sources for awards were 72% Department of Defense, 25% Other Federal, and 2% State/Local.
- PTAC clients received $3.9 million in contract awards from the State of Alabama and other local agencies.
- PTAC clients received $145 million in contract awards from the Department of Defense.
- PTAC clients received $50 million in contract awards from all other federal agencies.
- The Alabama PTAC provided assistance to 1,086 businesses during 2015.
- Over 73 training events were sponsored by the Alabama PTAC with participation from 1,583 attendees.
Our Procurement Counselors are here to assist firms seeking to do business with local, state or federal governments. And, we do have a positive impact on the state!
For more information on the impact of the Alabama SBDC Network’s procurement program, and all of the other initiatives supported by the Alabama SBDC, please visit the Alabama SBDC Network Impact & Success Story page.