Greater Birmingham Area Government Business Matchmaker
Thank you for your interest, but this event has concluded. For a list of upcoming events, please refer to our Event Calendar.
The Greater Birmingham Area Government Business Matchmaker is a terrific opportunity for small business contractors to learn from – and network with – agency buyers. Contact one of our Procurement Specialists prior to the event to learn how a matchmaker works, what research you should do before the event, and what promotional materials you should have on hand. Our procurement specialists will also focus on the importance of a capability statement and why you need one!
When: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 – 9:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M.
Where: Sheraton Birmingham Hotel, 2101 Richard Arrington Blvd N., Birmingham, Alabama 35214
- Early Registration deadline for vendors is Wednesday, March 8, 2017
- Early Registration for vendors is $60.00 per person
- Late registration is $75.00 per person
- Last day to register for guaranteed meeting schedule with buyers is Wednesday, March 8, 2017
- Make plans now! Get your marketing materials ready!
How: 1. Click here to register. 2. Then proceed to the UA PAYMENT FORM to pay the registration fee. 3. Complete the Priority List Request Form, which will be sent via email to all registered vendors on Wednesday, March 8, 2017.
We will match vendors with buyers based on buyers’ needs and vendors’ requests. Only 20 spots per buyer available! First come, first served so get your forms completed and sent back in as soon as possible when they’re distributed in March.
- Schedules provided via email 1-2 days prior to event.
- 15 minute intervals (face-to-face) with 1 hour down time for lunch & networking.
- Lunch provided for vendors properly registered.
- Vendors may request a table in pre-function area in addition to their event registration. Cost: $40
- Coordination for pre-function area tables must be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**NOTE: Registration ends at 12:00 noon on Monday, March 20, 2017**
Who: Any small business with contracting experience or contracting potential.
The agencies (“buyers”) that have already committed to participate in this event include:
- Alabama DBE Supportive Services, UAB – Birmingham, AL
- Alabama DBE Supportive Services, UWA – Livingston, AL
- Alabama Department of Economic & Community Affairs (ADECA) – Montgomery, AL
- Alabama Department of Transportation – Montgomery, AL
- Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind – Talladega, AL
- Alabama Power Company – Birmingham, AL
- Anniston Army Depot – Anniston, AL
- Brasfield & Gorrie, LLC – Birmingham, AL
- Caddell Construction – Montgomery, AL
- Cahaba GBA – Birmingham, AL
- Center for Domestic Preparedness – Anniston, AL
- City of Birmingham Purchasing Office – Birmingham, AL
- Columbus Air Force Base (Contracting Office) – Columbus, MS
- Department of Veteran Affairs – Montgomery, AL
- General Services Administration – Huntsville & Montgomery, AL
- Hyundai Manufacturing – Montgomery, AL
- KBRwyle – Huntsville, AL
- L3T Vertex – Madison, MS
- Marshall Space Flight Center (NASA) – Huntsville, AL
- Maxwell Air Force Base (Contracting Office) – Montgomery, AL
- Maxwell Army & Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES) – Montgomery, AL
- Missile Defense Agency – Redstone Arsenal, AL
- Mobile Area Water & Sewer System – Mobile, AL
- Northrop Grumman – Huntsville, AL
- Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC), Huntsville, AL
- Small Business Administration/Army Contracting Command – Huntsville, AL
- SCI Technology – Huntsville, AL
- State of Alabama Purchasing Office – Montgomery, AL
- Teledyne Brown Engineering – Huntsville, AL
- University of Alabama Purchasing Office – Tuscaloosa, AL
- University of Alabama Construction Administration – Tuscaloosa, AL
- University of Alabama at Birmingham Purchasing Office – Birmingham, AL
- U.S. Army Aviation and Missile Command (Office of Small Business) – Redstone Arsenal, AL
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (Mobile) – Mobile, AL
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (Nashville) – Nashville, TN
- U.S. Army Engineer Research & Development Center – Vicksburg, MS
Please contact the Alabama SBDC’s Procurement Program with questions regarding this event 205-348-1687.